Monday, September 04, 2006

Take this in good heart


I was really upset to learn that Steve Irwin, the renowned Crocdile Hunter, has died. Subconciously I had viewed him as an immortal, and that his brushes with death were just that....brushes. I'm more upset over the fact that he has left behind a family. Little tots. Thus, here is my eulogy:
Steve. You have lived life to the fullest, embracing adventures in God's creation. Many animals will probably remember you. Many people will probably not forget you. You rode an elephant to a movie theatre. I remember that. May God bless what you have brought into this world; the enthusiasm for learning and growing and taking risks. May God also be with what you have left behind; may your family find peace and comfort with your passing. And may we, the faithful media-stricken audience, always remember you as the legend of the Crocodile Hunter.

1 comment:

Kingma said...

Jo I miss you and love you and pray that you'll have a great experience at Houghten things take time...I guess I should start taking my own advice eh? jen