It's amazing how long one week can be. Some summer camps are about that much; in one week we make friends, take pictures, and laugh and cry and share unusual experiences. In one week of college, things have gone slower. I've certainly done enough for one week; set up a mini-home, work, study, socialize, eat, sleep... and yet a week away from home is not what it used to be. At camp you had a new best friend by the second day, and you forgot about responsibilities and time management. In college, time passes to fast or not fast enough, depending on the situation, and the people you hung out with at the beginning of the week are barely seen anymore. I always hated the 'cliques' in highschool, but now I see that a 'core' group is a natural process. We branch out after we have secured ourselves with people we relate best to. Only then can we best relate ourselves to everyone else that we meet.
One week of being 3 thousand miles from home, surrounded by fellow students, and not knowing a soul... this changes a person.
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Um, I don't think you should talk about my niece that way.
Jo, we love you and miss you, can't wait to hear about the college experience. I want to hear some more details about the first week.
We are praying for you!
Post a Comment