I am listening to a band called Eluvium as I write this; pure piano goodness. When I listen to stuff like this, or after I've had a really good conversation, or I've just read the news, I wonder why I am in school.
A little odd. But it's due to the fact that I realize there are so many details in life that really don't matter. The author of Ecclesiastes, as depressing as it seems to some people, nailed it on the head. Details. Meaningless. Unless it's founded in God.
And a lot of time my work isn't founded in God, my relationships aren't founded in God, my thoughts and focus and time and effort and heart....become meaningless. And so, when I listen to music that strikes my own heart-strings, or feel the intimacy that comes with a friendship so utterly connected to God's love, or am reminded of the greater world full of humanity's struggles, I find myself with God.
Sometimes it's so clear.
A little odd. But it's due to the fact that I realize there are so many details in life that really don't matter. The author of Ecclesiastes, as depressing as it seems to some people, nailed it on the head. Details. Meaningless. Unless it's founded in God.
And a lot of time my work isn't founded in God, my relationships aren't founded in God, my thoughts and focus and time and effort and heart....become meaningless. And so, when I listen to music that strikes my own heart-strings, or feel the intimacy that comes with a friendship so utterly connected to God's love, or am reminded of the greater world full of humanity's struggles, I find myself with God.
Sometimes it's so clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment