Monday, July 02, 2007

hem hem.

So it's been some time, since I've updated. I hate that term 'update'. I feel like that's all I do is catch-up/update. But so it goes...

I am no longer excited at the prospect of trying to earn money this summer. I am that lazy, already. Perhaps it's due to my lack of tan (but also lack of skin cancer. actually this isn't true, I just came back from camping so i am tanned, just not as dark as my little cousins) and the tempting beaches, or perhaps just because I want to stop 'catching-up' with people and start creating our own memories. You tell me.

Lately I've been feeling so much like a young, stupid kid, while at the same time like an old fogey. It's an odd combination. I wonder if it's due to the fact that I call myself a college student but still find myself having more fun playing with little kids.

Something else that has been plaguing my mind lately is my loss of community due to the fact that I am no longer in the country 9 months out of the year. I think this is why I desired to reconnect with my church again. I want involvement, I want the community that the Bible speaks of. This is something I've been struggling to find, if I think about it, practically all my life. As a kid it took forms of "When I'm older I'll do this", but now that I AM older, I'm at a loss. It's like I need someone to give me direction, but I know it must be me that chooses the direction. These are the real responsibilities of being an adult, something I could not foresee.

I don't know if any of my blogs ever really make sense to people, as it's more of my way of sorting thoughts. Right now my mind is still full of good things as I recall this past week's good weather, beautiful Monck park lake, family/cousins time and popsicles. My Dad and I trekked for a little bit on some random hike near kamloops, and each step brought up a flurry of grasshoppers (or locusts, as I like to think of them). Me and Dad reflected that if this little scattering of bugs was enough to make us amazed and slightly frustrated, then think about the 10 plagues. Seriously, a cloud of locusts would make anyone insane. Like I said, random thoughts.

If you are still reading this, thank you. You must be either a friend (I love Amber!) or an enemy out to get me by studying my tactics. If you are the latter, I bid you farewell. I have trained Ninjas at my beck-and-call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a shout out!!! Oh Jo, you have no idea how much I get you and love you. There will be no need for ninjas. 10 days!!