I've had that Jack Johnson song stuck in my head for a good couple of days now. I'm hoping it's not due to my lack of variety in music, but rather that my days have been stress-free enough that I can still hum a tune. I whistle a lot too, which is funny, because it's an infamous trait of my Dad. People tell me they know when I'm coming because of my whistle. And when they tell me that, it reminds me of my Dad. So, I take it as a compliment. I've heard it said, in relevance to my Dad, that when you whistle more, you are less stressed. It doesn't make sense if I apply that to my schedule (midterm exams in October? Unfortunately this is true), so it must be another, more important factor that is affecting my mood. I like to think it's the amount of sunshine we recieve.
After a night of frost, I suspected I was saying goodbye to that yellow blob of goodness, but I've been quite surprised with the weather here. I'm sitting on the chapel steps right now, awaiting the bells to toll for noon, which means lunch. The sun is almost blinding so that I can't see much of what I'm typing, and a cool breeze is picking up the decaying leaves that cover our campus is bright orange and red. Heck, I'm wearing flip flops. I've never been so grateful for nature or been so aware of it's effect on me. I've always appreciated it's beauty and mystery thanks to my Dad and his love to creation, but never before realized how it makes me a better person. That vitamin D is quite a drug. Hopefully the campus will stay this friendly throughout the winter. Until then, I'm soaking it up.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We missed you on Thanksgiving Monday. Your mom was at school today and she picked up your yearbook. I think your dad is the best whistler ever, although I had a teacher in grade 8 named Mr. Van Huizen who was adept at carrying a tune with his oval lips.
Lots of Vitamin D here as well, although that will come to a drizzly halt on Saturday. Love you and miss you.
JO! I love your blog! It's so nice to see what you're up to!
I had a dream last night that you and Elise and me met in a dorm somewhere for who knows what reason, except we all looked the same! Anyways, I hope your having tons of fun in NY, I love you and miss you! See you at Christmas!
-nina
Post a Comment